Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Graduation Ceremony

Salaam wonderful people !
you may have noticed before ,  that I mentioned how I truly like graduation ceremonies , and that for several reasons .
Ususally , by this time of the year there are plenty of graduation ceremonies that I uselly watch on TV ( especially UAE graduation ceremonies ) . This year though I was able to watch only one , the AUD ( American University of Dubai ) one , and in one word : it was magnificent . ( I wouldn't say more , go check it out ! )


However , the most nice news is that I got to be part among the organizing committee of my university's graduation ceremony that took place yesterday !
I was amazed by the whole decoration and huge place where the ceremony was held .
As we were in charge of helping organ izing , we got there early ( at around 3pm while the ceremony itself started at 6pm ) and got to enjoy the calm , all well decorated and ready ceremony place .
Afterwards , we were assigned different roles . Mine consisted of helping with some logistics and welcoming the people .


Friend , relatives , but mostly parents started coming at around 5pm , all well dressed and there was a happy ambiance everywhere . Especcially among the graduates who were taking pictures , and couldn't stop joking and making different noises and sounds while waiting to get into the ceremony . Once everybody settled , the graduating students came into the ceremony all in order ( the engineering and Master's sutends suits were aligned with royal red , while the bachelor's students' were aligned in pearl blue ) , with a wonderful music playing  background .


We then attended to the teacher's and directors speechs , the valedictorian's . After that , they were handed in their diplomas , for the ceremony to be pursuid by group pictures and a cocktail .


All in all I truly loved it ! I might be only a freshman at university , but it was awkward seeing some friends graduating already ! Anyhow , cant' wait for my graduation inshAllah !


The big ceremony hall ! Have you seen the pretty flower and the numerous Red chairs ? marvellous ! *

2 comments:

  1. Creative people have an abiding curiosity and an insatiable desire to learn how and why things work. They take nothing for granted. They are interested in things around them and tend to stow away bits and pieces of information in their minds for the future use ... And after One Year of your Friendship, I can simply Say, that you are a Creative Person who Loves to Explore, Live , Search, Smile and make Others Smile ...Good Job Dear ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no words to describe how I feel toward you , and what a lovely comment ! Thank you Mariamti !! <3

    ReplyDelete