Tuesday, August 7, 2012

WR : Things She Shall Take Along

Salaam To you Ladies !

I hope you're doing fine , and having a nice time during this Holy month .
As for me, things has been taking me from one to another , so I've completly left out blogging for several days.

Today I'll be updating you about my cousin's wedding preparations . Time is running out , and it's been unbelievable how it flies ! I'm still realizing that a whole year has come to an end , and that the wedding is in only a couple of weeks !

By now, almost everything is ready , alhamdulilah . There are only the small logistics - I'd like to call - things to take care of .
The food for both the two days is being chosen and ordered this days , the flowers are being selected and the relatives are helping !

My mom and aunt proposed to help and to make some of the appetizers that will be served on the wedding reception , and they will start making those this next days inshAllah.

The other day , my auncle's wife - the bride's mom - invited us to see the jahiz - shwar ( how we call it ) .
You might be wondering what that would be , I'll gladely reply that that is a set of all the things the bride will take home with her !

This seemed soo exiting to see all the new things bought especially for this special occasion !

Me , my other cousin , mom and aunts , went together to see the shwar .

It consisted of :

Traditional table cloths ; about 3 or 4 sets in different colors , accomapgnied by other modern table cloths. The matching ply towels were among the sets

Towel : a wide range of towels of all the sizes and in multi colors .

A bridal duvet : this is a very important element that the bride usually selects with high taste and caution . Now , this is usually all white with pearls and designs , but my cousin bought a grey one , also with pearls and designs .

Caftans : a set of traditional clothing that she'd be wearing either at home when guests will come to visit , or for small event and dinner parties ( if you're a bride or a bride - to -be , then you'll know that after the wedding you'll be invited to many social and family dinner ! )

Bridal outfits : yaay ! I was so happy to Finally see what they look like ! unfortunately they were folded lol . We didnt completly open them , but they are absolutely magnificent ! its the 3 outfits to be worn at the wedding reception : a white-gold one , a pink and a blue one . They consisted of two pieces of fabric . Later on I'll post pics and show you inshAllah !

Intimates : ( I give the credit to shaza for this calling lol ) consists of lingerie , underwears and pjs . We didnt see this part of the shwar , as my cousin the bride thought if wasnt truly appropriate to show this part , eve to us :p

Presents for the groom and his family . This is not done by many peope in our country , but it's a family tradition and we decided to keep it . It included for tissue fabrics for the mother and sister in law ( later on they can make traditional dresses out of these fabrics ) , shirts for the groom's brothers , pjs and home wear for the groom himself , a traditional gandoura for the groom , and other things I can't recall .

There were a widre range of things , as a whole room was filled with suitcases containing these things , and what I quoted was the main things I could remember .

Npow unfortunately I didn't take my phone with me as it was left in my handbag that stayed in the living room down stairs , so I did not take any pictures .
However ,  here some pictures showing similar things I spoke about in this post , that I found online .


 



If you or someone close to you is getting married , I hope this was useful to you , and please do let me know ! Also if you're blog is about anything similar I'd love to check it out ! 

Have a lovely Tuesday ! 



1 comment:

  1. Asalamu alaikum,

    JazakAllah Khair.

    Do visit inshAllah and feel free to follow, share some words or just watch my new video..

    Take Care

    ReplyDelete