Saturday, August 18, 2012

Isolde Salad

Salaam . 

This holy month has almost came to an end , and it is with sadness that we will say good bye Ramadan in few hours ! 

As I mentioned before , its during Ramadan that I cook the most , and lately , I've been coming up with creative new dishes for mostly dinner . Thanks to fasting , my family and I , don't like eating something heavy ( which is contrary to our culture ) for dinner , in order to later have Suhur and feel good the following day .

I just simply love salads ! We never invent in this cooking fiel though lol , but still this Ramadan a couple of times I made some truly unique , yet delicious ones ! 

For yesterday's dinner , I made this wonderful salad , that I inspired from a cooking book ( didn't follow the exact recipe however ) . Therefore , I named it Isolde Salad ! 
You might wonder why such name . Indeed , before making this salad, I was watching that movie ; " Tristan & Isolde" , and I simply loved both the name , and the character of Isolde . 
My salad includes  fresh and natural ingredients which is perfectly the characteristics of Isolde ; the character.

Here is the recipe :

Ps : There are no specific quantities , the ingredients depend on how much you'd like to eat , and/or how many people you'll be serving :) 

Cut the lettuce , tomatoes into small pieces , and mix them with corn kernels and mayonnaise , and put them on a plate in the form of a cercle ( just like in the pic ) ( the circle form was inspired from Isolde's hair style :D)
Cook some shrimps in a pan with some butter , salt and pepper . 
Add the shrimp to some pieces of avocado and some pasta ( its better to mix them in the same bowl where you mixed the lettuce and tomatoes) , add a tinny table spoon of mayonnaise , 2 table spoons of olive oil and  1 tbs. of vinegar .
Mix gently , and put inside of the circle and voilà ! 

Optional : You can add some grated cheese on the top .

Enjoy this extremly rich and delicious salad ! 


No comments:

Post a Comment